Brian Auten talks about Ten Terms every apologist should know. Traverse City Apologetics out of Michigan teamed up with us to have the well know blogger speak on some of the more crucial concepts, terms and even a few book suggestions concerning apologetics. Brian had to stay up late, since he’s in Belfast. So sit back, relax and take plenty of notes while we get great apologetic training from across the “Big Pond” of life.
You are invited to join us via live stream to Tactical Faith’s “Grassroots Apologetic Day”. We take one weekend out each year to help honor the everyman/everywoman apologist that God calls us all to be. Each year we would like to take one professional apologist and connect him with those of us in the “third column.” This year we have the honor of hosting Dr. Timothy McGrew as our teacher and weekend mentor. Dr. Tim is a Professor of Philosophy at Western Michigan University. He is a philosopher and apologist who has written extensively in areas pertinent to epistemology. He is also actively developing the Library of Historical Apologetics.
Of course here at Tactical Faith we are in the business of giving away our ministry. So in accordance to that idea we will be sharing our time with you and those outside our state. You can follow us all day at https://www.tacticalfaith.com/live-stream and feel free to email us questions or get in line for our all day google hangout. For more information about that please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
External Evidences for the Gospels:
The Evidence of Institutions for the Truth of Christianity
Dr. Gary Habermas – “Joy and the Resurrection”
Greg Koukl – “Any Old God Won’t Do”
Mary Jo Sharp – “Is the Story of Christ a Copy of the Pagan Myths?”
Dr. Robert Stewart – “Why We Can Believe What the Bible Says About Jesus”
Doug Powell – “Excellence in Evangelism”
Alan Shlemon – “The Qur’an: A Word from God?”
Dave Glander presents the “Museum of Truth”
9:00 – 9:45 – Greg Koukl
10:00 – 10:45 – Mary Jo Sharp
11:00 – 11:45 – Doug Powell
12:00 – 12:45 – Lunch
1:00 – 1:45 – Jeremy Howard
2:00 – 2:45 – Robert Stewart
3:00 – 3:45 – Gary Habermas
5:00 – 6:00 – Roundtable Discussion with Jay Wolf and Speakers
6:15 – 7:30 – Special Presentation on Islam by Alan Shlemon
Location – First Baptist Church of Montgomery
305 South Perry Street Montgomery, AL 36104
Cost – Free
Hotel Partnerships: TBA
Dr. Gary Habermas is an American evangelical Christian apologist, historian, and philosopher of religion. He is a prolific author, lecturer, and debater on the topic of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Habermas is considered to be one of the foremost experts on the resurrection.
Join Tactical Faith and host church First Baptist Montgomery as we welcome Dr. Habermas to the River region on April 21st and 22nd. Joining Dr. Habermas will be Dave Glander of Truth Ministries who will be bringing his museum of Biblical artifacts ! First Baptist has agreed to show the Shroud replica on a special Sunday night service and we will have Dr. Habermas talk about the facts that support the claim that it really is the face of Jesus Christ. Please come and join us for a free weekend while we make the case for the historical reliability for the Resurrection!
Weekend Schedule of Events: Register Below
9:00 – 10:00 Near Death Experiences
10:15-11:15 Minimal Facts Argument
11:30 – 12:30 Christian Doubt
12:30 – 2:00 Biblical Museum Tour
8:30, 11:00 Service – The Evidences of the Resurrection of Jesus
9:30 – Dave Glander talks with First Baptist Youth
5:00 – Q&A with Jay Wolf and Questions Answered
6:15 – MAIN EVENT: The Shroud of Turn
- Why is God Ignoring Me? (Tyndale House Publishers, 2010).
- with John Thomas What’s so God about Feeling Bad?, (Tyndale, 2008).
- with Jerry Walls & David Baggett C.S. Lewis as Philosopher, (InterVarsity, 2008).
- Resurrected? : An Atheist and Theist Dialogue, (Rowman & Littlefield, 2005).
- with Licona, Michael The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus, (Kregel, 2004).
- with Moreland, J.P. Beyond Death: Exploring the Evidence for Immortality, (Crossway, 2004).
- The Risen Jesus & Future Hope, (Rowman & Littlefield, 2003).
- The Thomas Factor: Using Your Doubts to Draw Closer to God (Broadman & Holman, 1999).
- The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ (College Press: Joplin, MI 1996).
- Ancient Evidence for the Life of Jesus: Historical Records of His Death and Resurrection
- Dealing With Doubt (Moody Press, 1990)
- Gary R. Habermas and Antony G. N. Flew, Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? The Resurrection Debate, ed. Terry L. Miethe (San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1987; Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2003).